Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 23, 2015

Fantasy Land

The past few books that I've read have taken me away from the land the realism and firmly plopped me into crazy town. It makes me both want to escape to their fantasy world and stay firmly based in reality. Too bad for me, I didn't really have a choice and still have to deal with my ordinary life.

Saga Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan
The fourth book collecting issues 19-24 of the series
5 STAR RATING

Will there ever be a bad book in this series? Seriously, I'm starting to get nervous that I'm going to be completely disappointed and devastated with the finale. I can't see it getting any better than this. But with each volume, it does. The last page...THAT LAST PAGE!!!! I can't even deal with it. I am too pumped for the next book. I need it right now.

Deadman Wonderland Vol. 1 By Jinsei Katoka
A boy must survive living in a dangerous prison after being framed for murder
4 STAR RATING

I can't believe I have never heard of this series before. Here I am, thinking I've discovered something no one has read before and all the kids in the library tell me they've already read and watched the series. Well, damn. I'm always late to the party. But now that I've arrived, I'm having a blast. This is such a weird series, in a good way. I have no idea who the Red Man is, what he wants, or what's going to happen next. Hopefully I'll love this series as much as I do Attack on Titan.

Holy Cow by David Duchovny
A story about a cow named Elsie who discovers the dark fate that awaits her
2 STAR RATING

This was so lackluster. There was no fire, no pull, no weight with the story. It felt like someone's rough draft of a short story. I did enjoy Elsie's relationship with the other cow, Mallory. But to have that be the highlight of this book is very disappointing. I'm sad to say that it feels like I wasted my time.


Saga, Volume 4 (Saga #19-24)Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 1Holy Cow: A Modern-Day Dairy Tale



No comments:

Post a Comment