Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 16, 2015

Can do no wrong

I love it when I can totally depend on an author to deliver awesome work. I don't fear that I'll hate a book and wish I had never read it. It's always top quality. Rainbow Rowell is one of those authors for me.

Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost
The third novel of the Night Prince series
3 STAR RATING

Oh, hey ridiculous looking vampire on the cover of a romance novel! Long time, no see. You're up to your same old bullshit, aren't you? It's okay though, since it looks "sexy". 

This book has a way of being both extremely entertaining and annoying. Frost writes good romance and her action/torture/ass-kicking scenes are great. But I still find myself irritated. Maybe it's Vlad's overprotective nature for Leila. Maybe it's Leila's lack of charisma. Either way, I always find these books lacking a little something. I'm still going to read the last book though. It won't hurt to read just a bit more.


Landline by Rainbow Rowell
A novel about a woman who gets a second chance in a weird way
4 STAR RATING

Rainbow Rowell, I love you. You write amazing books and I hope you always will. There has never been a book of yours that I've flat out disliked. The closest I've come to feeling that way about your work was with Attachments, and I still liked that book. I didn't have that problem with Landline. I was captured from the very first page. The main character is the perfect blend of charisma and annoyance. Sometimes, I'm not too sure if I'm rooting for her or cheering for her breakdown. Either way, it's a great book to read. I can't wait to read more from you. 


Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)Landline


No comments:

Post a Comment