Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

E-books



I never really liked reading e-books. I have always preferred having a physical book in my hand, turning each page to reveal more of the story. Tapping a screen just never did it for me. But now that I have more books than I can handle, I've found solace in my Kindle. I know it makes no sense. If anything it gives me even more books to deal with. But I'm finding it easier to keep up with my reading when it's all in one place.

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
The first book of a new series, said to be Game of Thrones meets Graceling
3 STAR RATING

Although I liked the book, I'm not going to read any more of this series. It started off a little weak but quickly gained momentum when Meira started to prove herself. The last third of the book completely turned me off though. She became so annoying. I couldn't even read it anymore. I was skipping page after page after page.

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
The first novel of the Kane Chronicles
4 STAR RATING

THIS WAS SO GOOD. I just can't believe how amazing each of his series are. It's too much. The writing, the characters, the action...Be still my heart. I can't handle all this goodness. I want more. Once this series is over, I don't know what I'll do with myself.

To Stand in the Light by Kayla Bashe
A young adult novel about queer trans mentally ill superheroes 
3 STAR RATING

I am so glad that I finished this book. I didn't read what it was about before I started so I was totally confused at first. But once Shadow and Bean come back to the city and the school, I had gotten my bearings. Their relationship was so cute and real. Bean was just the best. I definitely connected more with her than Shadow. They were great too though. They could easily have their own story with how deep their background was. All in all, this was a good quick read.


Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)To Stand In The Light


No comments:

Post a Comment