Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Review for The Color of Home by Rich Marcello

The Color of Home is a stand alone novel written by Rich Marcello. This is his first novel.


a copy of this book was won through Goodreads

I don't really have a lot to say about this book. From the very first page, I didn't connect with either character and was mostly skimming the story until the end. The story felt recycled from other novels and didn't come across as totally original. I haven't read anything else from this author so I can't even say that at least the story has his certain style or signature mark on it. It's all very generic and basic and I'm surprised that I made it all the way through until the last page.

Despite what may seem like complaints, I did like the story. Even though I heavily skimmed this book, there were many parts that would grab my attention and I would become fully invested in the characters journey of self discovery. Nick is the more relatable of the two lovebirds. He seemed grounded from the start and I felt like I knew who he was from the very beginning. Sassa was just annoying. She flipped flopped the whole book and it became very clear there wouldn't have even been a story if it wasn't for her. She started the drama and then whined when things didn't go her way. I was hoping for a realistic ending where they both move on from each other and grow into happier versions of themselves but obviously I was hoping for too much. I don't even think it's a spoiler to say that they end up together in the end. I saw it coming from miles away. So Nick and Sassa have their happy ending while I'm felt with a lackluster novel that I'll be sure to soon forget.


3 STAR RATING






No comments:

Post a Comment