Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 29, 2018

Snail's pace

Going for a "slow and steady wins the race" approach to my reading goal this year. Hence, the lack of progress I've made since two weeks ago.

Patsy Walker vol 1: Hooked on a Feline by Kate Leth
4 STAR RATING
Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 1: Hooked On A FelinePasty Walker has literally been to hell and back. But her biggest struggle at the moment is finding a steady job. Walker aka Hellcat is a superhero in New York City trying to make the best of life, as we all are. I loved the art style. It compliments Patsy’s personality to a tee. She’s all bubbly and light now. I find it hard to believe she used to be…evil. I don’t know anything about her lore so this is my first exposure to her character.

The book itself was a light read and I enjoyed it immensely. I plan on reading the rest of this series. I hope it doesn’t disappoint me.












Apollo: The Brilliant One by George O'Connor
2 STAR RATING
Apollo: The Brilliant One (Olympians, #8)I had taken a long break from this series. I honestly thought it was finished with the last volume I read. I’m not sure how I stumbled across this one but I’m glad to be reading these again. O’Connor does a great job retelling stories and lore surrounding the Greek gods. His writing style is compelling and is entertaining for all age groups.

I’m giving this entry a lower rating because I don’t like the god featured. Apollo was a straight up asshole who I feel no sympathy for. The only good things that came from him were the muses. I really enjoyed having them tell the tales of their favorite god. They give a sense of humanity to him where another POV wouldn’t.


No comments:

Post a Comment