Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 20, 2014

Starting something different

So I only post on this blog about once a month. I find it hard and annoying to sit down and force myself to write a full blown review and to post frequently. So from now on, I'll just be writing little reviews for every book I read. It's less stressful that way and now I can post on here all the time like I wanted to.

So I had a goal of reading 150 books this year and I finished it! I'm so happy that I finished ahead of schedule so now I can just read whatever I want, however slowly or quickly I feel like reading it. These two books are the ones that put me at my goal 2 months early :)


Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
The second book in the Giver series
2 STAR RATING

This book does not compare to The Giver at all. This was too slowly paced and not enough was going on until the end. The ending was also very abrupt, leaving the story feeling unfinished as apposed to a cliffhanger. I am still interested in seeing how these stories will all come together in the end.



Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde
The first book in the Reaper's MC series
1 STAR RATING

The sex scenes were okay but the writing was just horrible. I didn't like it at all. I was laughing at how unrealistic this entire scenario was. Now I usually don't care how ridiculous a story is, as long as it's engaging and entertaining. This was neither to me. I'm gonna go ahead and call it a day on this series. I don't wanna read anymore about this motorcycle club.


Unfortunately, the last two books of my challenge were not my favorites. I'm still going to read the Giver series since it's a book club series read-along. As for that smut series, I'm not interested in continuing it. I usually stay just for the sex scenes but even those weren't doing it for me.


Reaper's Property Gathering Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment