Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 15, 2017

But Have You Read the Book?

To see a movie before reading the book is the worst thing you could do. Which is what I did. Don't judge me though. I read the book a few days after seeing the movie so...at least there's that. Right?

Saga Volume 7 by Brian K Vaughan
5 STARS

Saga, Vol. 7So last volume, I said I didn't want a slow paced novel. This was hectic but not with fight scenes (though there are plenty of those). We see Marko, Alana, and Hazel chilling out on a war damaged planet for 6 months. When I read how long they'd been there, I knew something bad was gonna happen. Everyone that I can remember seems to make an appearance in this volume. The Will is still fat and sad and lost in general. Gwen is still a bad ass watching over Sophie. People are dying all over the damn place. SPOILER KURTI! IZABEL! ALANA'S UNBORN BABY! SPOILER This volume was too much too handle and the last few pages left me feeling depressed. I have a feeling the next book won't be giving me a reprieve.











Fifty Shades of You: a parody by Starla Jacoba
3 STAR RATING

Fifty Shades of You: A ParodyTechnically, this is more of a comedy but it still was hot lol. Not only was my name in it but my boyfriend was the main love interest. So that made reading this even more hilarious. I wish this had a different tone to it. Every sex scene had a laugh out loud component. It was hard to finish, honestly. It was over the top throughout. Still, I had a blast. This was a great birthday present to receive.









Doctor Strange Vol 1: The Way of the Weird by Jason Aaron
4 STAR RATING

Doctor Strange, Vol. 1: The Way of the Weird
I've never heard of Doctor Strange until the Marvel movie. I just happened to stumble across this book at the library. I felt compelled to read it and it was really good. The art is a little muddy but still had me engaged in the story. It's hard for me to separate the actor from the movie from the book. The comic version of this character is nothing like how I imagined him. He's better.









Assassination Classroom Vol 15 by Yusei Matsui
5 STAR RATING

Assassination Classroom, Vol. 15
Wow, I did not at that reveal coming. Who would have thought that sweet little... I won't say her name, was a murderous student hell bent on revenge. It completely took me by surprise. The book ends on a cliffhanger, with Koro Sensei about to tell Class E his past. I'm excited to find out who made him and what his motivations are.









The Beast of Callaire by Saruuh Kelsey
3 STAR RATING

The Beast of Callaire (The Legend Mirror, #1)I wanted to like this book way more than I did but I'll take it foot what it is. I liked how the author set up the world of the shifters. I actually not sure what they'd be considered but I found the lore around them interesting. Yasmin and Fray make a great couple. I loved seeing some bisexual representation with Fray. It's not often you see that in YA fiction. Is either gay or straight. This book was free on Amazon, and unfortunately the other books are not. I did enjoy this one but not enough to buy any more books in the series.







Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
4 STAR RATING

Everything, EverythingI have made a cardinal sin; I saw the movie before reading the book. I know the opposite action colors the movie going experience and it has the same effect with reading the novel. All I kept picturing were the actors from the film. And all the changes and differences that were made. I also have another confession... I liked the movie more. I couldn't really connect with Olly and Maddy's relationship. The film helped me believe it more. The author's second book definitely improved on this one. I'd still recommend this book to anyone who's a hopeless romantic.



















No comments:

Post a Comment