Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Misleading titles are the worst

Here's a book club read that I was not excited about starting at all. I've read mostly bad reviews on it so it turned me off on reading this. But whatever the book club wants, the book club gets. So I sucked it up and read it. I mean, how bad could it actually be?

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
The first book in the White Rabbit Chronicles series
2 STAR RATING

So I was really unsure if I wanted to read the second book of this series. It started out really good, got super boring, then became good again in the end. Nothing about this book reminded me of "Alice in Wonderland" except the main character's name being Alice and her being warned by a white rabbit. The title is so misleading but the story itself isn't that bad. I'm intrigued enough to read the second installment in this series. God knows I shouldn't be starting another one. Hopefully, the next book picks up on the action from the end of Alice in Zombieland and runs with it. I'll be looking for a lot more character development too. Sometimes these people felt like cardboard cutouts of who they were actually supposed to be.

I really want the second book to be good. Even if it's horrible, I know I'll feel obligated to read the third book anyway. Once I decide to start a series, I can never leave it unfinished unless it actually makes me consider burning the book. Then I know it's time to let go and move on.


Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment