Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Movie/Book combo

Gone Girl blew me away. Both the movie and book was amazing. I could see myself revisiting both in the future whenever I wanted to feel like my life wasn't so bad and that I wasn't so crazy.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
A mystery novel about a missing wife
4 STAR RATING

Finally, I got around to reading this book. Seeing the movie inspired me to bite the bullet and order the book from the library. I'm glad I did because this book was awesome. The first half didn't really grab my attention the way I was hoping it would. It wasn't slow but it definitely was dry and boring. The second half was when shit got real. I was blown away with the twist and how it was revealed. Watching the movie, I already new the 'second act" of the story. But I was still impressed and was loving every minute of it. 

I think that the first half of the story was better told by the movie but the twist and ending was better from the novel itself. Seeing as the author wrote the screenplay for the movie, she approved what was changed and left out to better tell her story. I feel like she did an excellent job and I'd watch any movie that she wrote. I'm planning on reading her other novels soon to see if they hold up to this one. I have no doubt that they do.


Gone Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment