Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 10, 2014

With the good comes the bad

So, I spoke too soon on being on a good novel streak. The first book was amazing, it even made me cry. The second one had the same affect, it bored me to tears. I guess you win some, you lose some.

Messenger by Lois Lowry
The third book in the Giver Quartet
5 STAR RATING

With my less than satisfactory experience with Gathering Blue, I wasn't expecting to like this book too much. It was looking like all the books after The Giver would fall flat to how awesome it was. Messenger is up to par with the first novel of this series. In my opinion, it even surpasses The Giver in its storytelling and character development. It's not really fair to compare the two in that way though, since the characters from this novel were in the previous books. It felt like revisiting old friends. I was completely devastated with how this ended. I hate when books make me cry and this one had me seriously crying. I hope the last one answers some questions that I have about this dystopian world. I;d love to know how these different villages are all connected and how/why certain people have powers.  


Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian
The 11th book in the Midnight Breed series
2 STAR RATING

I had read this series about 2 years ago. I completely forgot about it but I did add this installment of the series to my to-read shelf. I get around to reading it and...was severely underwhelmed. I just was not feeling this book. It was dry and boring. I didn't care about the characters or their dilemmas. I had to go back and look how I rated the other books and the results were a mix of 2 and 3 star ratings with a 4 star anomaly for only book novel. I'm putting this paranormal romance to rest. I don't feel any need to continue with this story, no matter how this book ended and tried to leave me wanting more.

I just realized how many series I actually read. So it's good that I only have one more to read for the Giver series and that I'm giving up on the romance one. I have so many books to read and so little time, it seems.



Messenger (The Giver, #3)Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)


No comments:

Post a Comment