Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Revisiting old friends

I love when an author writes another book for a series that I love. Especially when that new book is freaking amazing. I also love it when a romance is so quick and easy to read. Thankfully, I had the good luck to read two books that fit these descriptions to a tee.

yolo by Lauren Myracle
The fourth book in the Internet Girls series
5 STAR RATING
A FAVORITE BOOK

I was almost a bit scared that this book would mess up my fond memories of this series. Typically, when an author revisits a series after a few years, the newest book sucks. It's obvious that the author is just in it for a paycheck and could care less about developing the story along in a way that makes sense. Myracle does none of these things. It felt like she was just waiting for the right time to start up this series again. I fell right back into Maddie, Zoe, and Angela's world like I had never left it. I hope to high heaven that there will be another book for each semester of their college years. That may seem too excessive for some but I just want more books from this series. At least give me a book for each year they're in college. That's all I ask!


Any Rich Man Will Do by Francis Ray
The second book in the Invincible Women series
3 STAR RATING

I wasn't really feeling the ending but I liked this book. The redemption story of Jana was written really well. I'm just not a fan of people suddenly getting married to wrap up the story line so everyone gets a happy ending. It still would have been a good story if the couples had just...continued to date. It would have been more realistic that way.

I'm on a roll with reading good books! Hopefully I can keep up the momentum.


yolo (Internet Girls #4)Any Rich Man Will Do

No comments:

Post a Comment