Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 15, 2014

2 for 1

I finished another series. I love it when I do that! Unfortunately, this was another lackluster finale to a beloved series. All of the others book blew this one away. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. At least it came with a bonus story like a prize you'd find in a Cracker Jack box.

Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout
the last book in the Lux series
3 STAR RATING

Ugh, why did this book have to be so annoying? It picks up right where the last book ended but it took none of the excitement or drama or awesomeness from it. The only tolerable part was when Daemon was pretending to hate Kat. It created some much needed tension to the finale but the story completely fell off after that issue was resolved. The big fight wasn't even that long. The main characters weren't a part of the fighting; they were just spectators to the action. Despite the many faults with his book, I still consider this one of my all time favorite YA series. I'd recommend it to one and all.  

Shadows By Jennifer L Armentrout
a prequel novella to the Lux series
3 STAR RATING

I didn't really care to read this novella since it was a prequel. I just wanted to read more about Daemon and Kat but this is about Daemon's brother Dawson. I never cared about him to read a whole story about him but I have always been intrigued by Beth so I decided to take a chance. I was mostly bored. I already knew how this story ended so there was no excitement at all. I liked that it was short, sweet and to the point. 

Another series has been put to bed. I'm off to read another series. I read the first book too long ago so hopefully I won't be too lost. I'm also reading the adult spin off of the Lux series. I just can't get enough!

Opposition (Lux, #5)Shadows (Lux, #0.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment