Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sweet series finale

I love when I finish a series. I always feel a sense of satisfaction. It doesn't matter whether I liked the books a whole bunch or not, I like the action of putting a book down and knowing it's done. No wondering what will happen next or waiting for the next book. It's finished and that's that.

Sweet Addiction by Maya Banks
the last book in the erotic romance Sweet series
3 STAR RATING

This was a weak ending to an okay series. I never rated these books higher than three stars and this was not my favorite by far. The conclusion of the love triangle felt forced and rushed. I would have accepted it more fully if Lucas and Cole had a lot more interaction between the two of them. I would have loved to have read more love scenes with the two of them with Ren. She was my favorite character in this book. The men were playing second fiddle to her awesomeness. I wish I had more of a background story with her and Cole but at least I felt that their attraction was genuine. Lucas was my favorite of the guys even though he's barely in the book at all. There was just something about him that drew me in. Despite all of these good characters, the story fell flat. There was so... za za zoom. The sex scenes were hot but they didn't blow me away. I'm just glad to put this series to bed and hope that another book doesn't pop up randomly after a few years.

I'm off to read another finale book in a beloved series. Here's hoping I'm left feeling satisfied rather than disappointed like I was with this one.

Sweet Addiction


No comments:

Post a Comment