Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas break

Another holiday has come and gone and I'm left feeling...unfilled. Not with the books I've read but with the holidays all together. I was not in the Christmas spirit this year. I feel like I'm still waiting for Christmas to come and for me to be filled with Christmas cheer. I did get some awesome presents but I could get those anytime. The only highlights of this past week were hanging out with family and reading some books.

The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead
The second novel in the Age of X series
4 STAR RATING

Wow...this was just amazing. I didn't really care for the first book that much but I knew I was going to read the second one of the series. And I'm glad I did. The world building got way better this time around. It was so complex and layered but not in a confusing way. I could keep track of all the gods and goddesses that are in the story already. And I'm beyond excited for the introduction of SPOILER Loki SPOILER. Mead has a way of writing bad boys in a way that cause you to root for them. I'm sure that will be the case with the third book. I'm so upset that I have to wait so long for another story. It's just not fair! 


Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The prequel novella of The Dark Elements series
2 STAR RATING

It took me a while to get into this one and I rushed my way through it once I started. It was just boring. I wasn't interested in either love interest. The only people I found intriguing were the main characters for the official first book, and they're not introduced until the end of the story. I'm optimistic that White Hot Kiss will be better than this but I still can't help but be disappointed.  


Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
A classic children's picture book
4 STAR RATING

I didn't realize how hard this book would be to read aloud. I kept stumbling over my damn words lol. I wanted to read it like I was reading to a child for a bedtime story. I finally got all the way through it after reading it three times without messing up. The moral of the story here? Just read Dr. Seuss books in your head.


I'll have another holiday coming up for New Year's. I hope to bring in the year with some awesome books.


The Immortal Crown (Age of X, #2)Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)Green Eggs and Ham



No comments:

Post a Comment