Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Too much too soon

I find myself reading yet another book in a series that i have long forgotten about. This was a spontaneous read for me. I have other books that need my attention but someone returned this book to the library and it jogged my memory that I had read the first book in the series two years ago. I tend to do this a lot with novels I read.

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
The second book in the erotic Crossfire series
2 STAR RATING

Too much drama, not enough sex. That was my main problem with this book. I'm all for melodrama plot twists in a romance novel. As long as the sex scenes distract me from the tom foolery of the plot, I have no complaints. I wasn't interested in what Day was trying to sell me here. I was not having it. I found myself getting angry at Eva for putting up with Gideon's bullshit. I get that you love him and the sex is amazing and you're both addicted to each other. But when is enough enough? Obviously I haven't reached my threshold yet because I'm still planning on reading the next book. I'm a glutton for pain.

So now I need to read the books I started days ago. But with it being Christmas Eve, I might be on a little break for the holidays.

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment