Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year

It's finally 2015 and I'm ready to leave the past behind me. It was a good year for reading, I'll tell you that. Too bad I started off this brand new year with one of the worst books I've ever read. It sucks to start off on the wrong foot.

Son by Lois Lowry
The final book in The Giver quartet series
1 STAR RATING

I am so disappointed that this is how the series ended. The first book was amazing, the second was boring, the third surpassed the first, and this screwed the pooch. There was no fire tot he story. It's broken up into three parts and each one is more boring then the next. Just from the title, I knew how this was going to tie into The Giver. However, I was surprised with how little the author did with expanding from the original story. It felt too choppy and disorienting. It sucks that this is the last book of the series but I'll be blocking this mess out of my mind by remembering how great The Giver and Messenger were.

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
The first book of an adult romance series
3 STAR RATING

Here's to a good romance novel! I love it when it's not a complete shit storm from the very first page. Most romances don't know to engage the audience anymore. They just throw two people together that have no chemistry whatsoever and add some hot sex scenes and think that makes a story. I like my love interest to have their own lives and relatable drama and this book had both. Granted, the story started getting a little "soap opera" towards the end but the beginning saved it from being a total disaster. I'm planning on reading more from this series and I hope it only goes up from here. 

Son (The Giver, #4)On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment