Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

House of Night series finale

I have conquered another series that I thought would never finish. It feels like I've been reading it forever. It started out strong but over the years, my interest has dulled. Hopefully I can keep this trend going and finish even more series this year to make room for new ones.

Redeemed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
The last novel of the House of Night series
3 STAR RATING

The final battle between the good guys and the bad guys hardly lives up to all the hype. This book definitely fell short of my epic expectations. I wanted a bloodbath. I was expecting more main characters to die off, not just one who ends up getting a happy ending anyway. That's not to say that I wanted a depressing close to a beloved series. I just wanted more out of it. It seemed dull and lifeless compared to other books in the series. The conclusion of Neferet was less than thrilling. She's basically been the main bad guy since book one and her demise is written in only a fee sentences. I had to go back and reread the last chapter just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Despite my disappointment with the finale, I did enjoy the book and I'll look back on this series with fond memories. I've laid another one to bed :)

Saga Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
A graphic novel about two star crossed lovers fighting for their lives
4 STAR RATING

This was great. I can't believe I waited so long to read this. I finished it in one day and I'm all too excited to read more. It was so original and weird. I didn't have anything to compare it to and that's a good thing. I hope my intrigue doesn't disappear by the time I read the next chapter. 


Redeemed (House of Night, #12)Saga, Volume 1 (Saga #1-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment