Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Winning streak

Two books?! Two books that I absolutely loved reading back to back? It doesn't get any better than that :)

The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
A horror novel about a very special young girl
4 STAR RATING

That ending just about killed me, but in the most awesome way. It was so bleak yet still hopeful. I liked all the characters but Melanie was my favorite by far. Her POV was so compelling. I almost wish that the entire book stayed in her perspective but I liked hearing from the other characters too. I wasn't sure what this book was actually about and I think that helped me enjoy this book even more. I'm sure I would have expected something entirely different than what I ended up reading. It's so weird and unique and cool. Everyone should read this book.

Attack on Titan Vol. 14 by Hajime Isayama
A manga series about humans defending themselves against monsters called Titans
4 STAR RATING

Again, I'm not sure what was going on in the book but I know that I liked it. This new bad guy is giving me goosebumps. I'm pretty sure that he got a main character killed. I cannot wait until the next book. I know it's only going to get even crazier for the Survey Corps.

The Girl With All the GiftsAttack on Titan, Vol. 14 (Attack on Titan #14)

No comments:

Post a Comment