Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 28, 2015

FINALLY

While on vacation for two weeks, I only read one book. I was supposed to read a whole slew of novels but I did something completely out of character and got out of the house and out of town. I went to SC and GA and had a blast. I just didn't have the time to read. But now I feel like myself again and am back to my old ways.

The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson
A fantasy adventure novel for young readers
5 STAR RATING
A NEW FAVORITE

I finally got around to reading this novel and I'm glad that I didn't return it to the library without finishing it. It's so damn good! The story is completely original and the characters are awesome. They just click, everything was in sync. The writing, the plot, the tone, it was all working for me. I am both happy and disappointed that this was a stand alone novel. It's rare to find a fantasy novel that isn't a platform for a new series. But this was so good that I hoped it actually was. I want more Piper, Anna, and Gee. Speaking of Gee, I loved the romance between him and Piper. Since they're so young, I was worried it would be handled poorly; like most teen books. But theirs was sweet and natural. Gee was such a sweetheart. If only all books were like this one. 

The Mark of the Dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment