Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Kid's Korner

Some of the best books I've read have been children's books. A lot of adults give them a bad rep just like young adult novels but I think any book has the potential to be great. It doesn't matter if it's for kids, teens, or adults. Books are books and they're amazing :)

The Beast from the East by R.L. Stine
The 43rd book in the original Goosebumps series
2 STAR RATING

And this is why I will never go camping. It would be my luck to run into some talking beasts that play a game of tag that ends in murder. But the ending was the worst part. They don't even find their parents. Where the hell are the parents?! I'm pretty sure they got eaten.

Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola
A classic children's folktale
4 STAR RATING

How have I never read this book before today? It's so cute and funny and everything a children's book should be. It teaches a lesson without the kid knowing their learning a lesson. Don't touch stuff that I specifically say not to touch. I will find out and you will be punished. And I hope I wasn't the only one that thought the ending was going to be dark. I just had a feeling that I was going to see Big Anthony explode from eating all that pasta on the last page.


The Beast from the East (Goosebumps, #43)Strega Nona



No comments:

Post a Comment