Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 2, 2015

Should have been better

When I feel like a book should be absolutely amaze balls, you better freaking deliver.

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
A coming of age story about a set of twins, Jude and Noah
2 STAR RATING

My expectations were very high for this reading experience and I'm left feeling completely let down. The writing was overly dramatic and kept me from falling into the story and getting to know the characters. And the characters were little drama queens themselves, making it difficult to sympathize with their dilemmas. If I had to choose, I'd pick Noah as my favorite twin. His chapters were easier to deal with and easier to read. When it came to Jude's POV, I could barely stand to read it in its entirety. That became skim city until I found myself at the end of the book which was the most cliche conclusion ever.


I'll Give You the Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment