Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 12, 2015

Summer Reading has started

I just love this time of year. All of the kids are out of school and everyone is just hanging out in the library. With nothing to do, it's the best time for a summer long program where they can read books and win prizes. For that, we have summer reading. And you want to know the best part? There's adult summer reading and staff can participate. I want that grand prize so bad that I can taste it. A fully paid day off. I mean, what could be better than that?

Still the One by Jill Shalvis
The sixth book in the Animal Magnetism romance series
4 STAR RATING

This couple was just really doing it for me with my romance fix. I wanted something cute and fluffy with a bit of bite and that's exactly what I got with Darcy. She was so funny and relatable. And AJ was one tall drink of cool water. Their sexual chemistry was through the roof. I can't wait to read more from this series. It never fails to disappoint me.

Keeping Secrets by Penny Mickelbury
A reporter and a cop are both investigating a series of murders of closeted homosexuals
5 STAR RATING

Book club reads make me nervous. It's a strange book that you haven't heard of or don't have any interest in reading. You're afraid it's going to be a dud and that you'll have wasted your time reading an awful book when you could have been reading something amazing. But then the opposite happens. Every once in a while, you get an amazing book. A book that will completely take up all of your free time until you finish it. That will force you to recommend it to any and every one that happens upon you. That makes you start reading yet another book series when you're already reading a million of them. That will take your attention away from things like work or sleeping. You'll be lucky to get a book like that.

Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter
The third novel of the Shadow Falls series
4 STAR RATING

This was the best book of the series so far. The characters were at their most likable. The storytelling was the most engaging. The side characters continue to shine but Kylie is slowly becoming a great character. When she stands up for her friends, she's at her best. Her love life is still annoying and tedious but I'm definitely rooting for Derek. Lucas is a whiny, possessive, controlling werewolf who isn't as important as he thinks he is. I'm glad we finally know what Kylie is. I just hope the author doesn't drop the ball and makes it this boring revelation. I want Kylie to be an all around bad ass heroine that saves the day.


Still the One (Animal Magnetism, #6)Keeping Secrets (Mimi & Gianna, #1)Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)


No comments:

Post a Comment