Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 20, 2015

So much awesomeness

All I can say is that I liked all 5 books that I've read these past two weeks. That's just awesome.

Deadman Wonderland Vol 4 by Jinsei Kataoka
Ganta decides to help the Scar Chain break out of the prison 
3 STAR RATING

Had to knock off a star for the way Ganta treated Shiro. I don't care what the hell she did. You don't need to be putting hands on my favorite character. She's the only reason you're still alive! And that last panel. I hate to see her cry. I hope Ganta has to grovel in the book for her forgiveness.

Legend of the Lost Legend by R.L. Stine
The 47th book of the Goosebumps series
4 STAR RATING

This is one of the better Goosebumps books in the entire series. The action is well written and that ending was a complete doozy. I felt so bad for the family. They went through a lot of scary stuff just to get shafted in the end. If this story had a second part to it, I would definitely read it.

In Another Man's Bed by Francis Ray
The third romance novel of the Invincible Women series
3 STAR RATING

I stayed up all night to finish this book. I'm just a total sucker for a romance novel. Especially one's that are as melodramatic as this one. I mean, come on. Her husband lays in a coma after she finds out he was cheating on her. And then a long lost love interest suddenly pops up and he's perfect. Next thing you know, the husband has been pretending to be in a coma the whole time for some insane reason. Either way, I enjoyed the story and I obviously couldn't put it down.

The Joker by Daniel Wallace
A visual history of the Clown prince of crime
4 STAR RATING

They say don't judge a book by its cover but that clearly does not apply to this book. The cover is the only reason I picked it up at the library. I have never read any Batman comics or felt the need to but the glaring, mad eyes of The Joker pulled me in. He's such a public figure that everyone feels like they at least know a little about him. This novel will help you to know even more. It goes all the way back to his very first appearance and touches base with all of his reincarnations. From film to TV to books, you get the full scope of the wonder and horror that is The Joker. I just wish it was more in depth. I would gladly read a full on break down of his character.

The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly
The zoo is in for a rude awakening when its occupants decide to break free
4 STAR RATING

I definitely get all of the comparisons to Jurassic Park. A zoo that has the potential to be amazing ends up with a bloodbath. Now I've never read the book by Michael Crichton but I have seen the movies and the similarities are plentiful. I won't spoil the creatures of this park but I will say that China should have known better. Like seriously, why would you want to have a park full of...SPOILER DRAGONS SPOILER? How can you think that it will end well for anyone involved? Except the main character CJ, apparently. She is absolutely kick ass on the point of being ridiculous. I had to suspend my disbelief several times. But other than that, I was completely enthralled with this thriller. The ending was very sweet and it put a smile on my face. After all that carnage, it was the perfect way to end the story. 

Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 4Legend of the Lost Legend (Goosebumps, #47)In Another Man's BedThe Joker: A Visual History of the Clown Prince of CrimeThe Great Zoo of China

No comments:

Post a Comment