Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Reading Goal complete!

I did it. With a few days to spare, I have read 150 books for the year 2015. I'm slightly over my goal now but the pressure of finishing this task is gone. I can now truly read for pleasure without this deadline looming over my head.

Assassination Classroom Vol 3 by Yusei Matsui
A new assassin robot is deployed to destroy Koro Sensei
4 STAR RATING

This obsession with this manga series is getting out of hand. I will literally stop everything that I'm doing just to read these damn books. I had to hold off on this one just so I could finish a book club read. The art and story are better than anything I'm reading at the moment ans it's distracting me. I know I'm gonna go crazy when I have to wait for these books to come out.

The Heiresses by Sara Shepard
Four young women from money must figure out who's targeting them before it's too late
4 STAR RATING
Book Club Read

Finally, this book became interesting to me. I just couldn't take it with waiting for the action to start. I hate slow beginnings and this was one of the worst. But once Poppy is killed, shit gets real quickly. All of a sudden you have every person in the story becoming a possible suspect as the murderer. Each heiress had their own drama that unknowingly tied all together to Poppy's death. I wish the author had shown that side of the story more than dealing with each girl separately. And that ending...Damn it, I really hate cliff hangers. Especially when there isn't even an upcoming date for the next novel of a new series. I was hoping to just have an ambiguous ending to a stand alone novel. Instead, I'm left with a waiting game. This next book better have more answers than questions. I don't want another PLL fiasco where the plot drags on and on and on. 

Assassination Classroom Vol 4 by Yusei Matsui
Koro Sensei faces off against an unexpected opponent, his brother
3 STAR RATING

This is the first book of the series I wasn't entirely in love with. I just felt like it was not as exciting as earlier volumes. But the fighting scenes between Koro Sensei and his "little brother" were awesome and I can't wait to see more about where they come from. Now as far as this baseball game is going, I didn't really have any interest in the story until Principal Douchepants showed up. He just has to suck the joy out of everything. I really hope Class E can prove him wrong with this game.

Homecoming by Kass Morgan
The final novel in the 100 series
2 STAR RATING

So, that's it. As far as I know, this is the last novel of The 100 series. And I'm glad for it. This series doesn't have a lot of substance to it. It could have been a real page turner but instead, it's filler reads. You would use these books to pass the time. Now for the individual book, it was a disappointment as a finale. It felt totally rushed and forced. The characters had no depth to them and I felt the author wasn't even trying to give them any. In the end, I didn't care what happened to any of them.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
A group of thieves must steal a power enhancing powder that will cause major destruction
5 STAR RATING
NEW FAVORITE

HOLY CHEESE BALLS! This book was awesome. Bardugo really took her Grisha world and turned it all the way up. The setting, the plot, the characters; everything was perfect. I loved all the action and how grown up the group was even though they were teens. The subtle romance between each pairing was amazing as well. Nothing felt forced. It all flowed. That ending was just torture though. You can't flip the script like that and then keep me hanging. That's just not fair.

Assassination Classroom, Vol. 3 (Assassination Classroom, #3)The HeiressesAssassination Classroom, Vol. 4Homecoming (The Hundred, #3)Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment