Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 8, 2016

Three for Three

I haven't been reading too many book lately but the one's I have been (except for one which gets its own post) are golden. They were just amazing. I feel flush with literacy gold.

Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 11Deadman Wonderland by Jinsei Kataoka
4 STAR RATING

This volume was only gonna get 3 stars. It was a bit slow and the story is obviously trying to wrap everything up before the finale. But that last scene added on a bonus star. Ganta and Crow are such bad asses. I can't wait to see the continuation of the fight in the next book. With Shiro and Ganta getting their memories back, I'm hopeful for a happy reunion between these two. This story has had enough bloodshed.

Soul Eater, Vol. 05 (Soul Eater, #5)Soul Eater Vol 5 by Atsushi Ohkubo
4 STAR RATING

I knew Maka was gonna be stupid and try and control the black blood. It's just bad news all around because I'm afraid Maka and Soul are gonna get sucked in just like Crona. These battle scenes are beyond epic though. I knew Stein was a bad ass but to see him kicking Medusa's was too perfect. Here's to the DWMA students beating the witches and protecting the kishin from resurrecting.

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah Maas
Short story collection for the Throne of Glass series
4 STAR RATING

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)It has been years since I've read this series. I don't really remember what the story was about so I thought reading the novellas would help jog my memory. It didn't, but it was successful with jumpstarting my interest with these novels again. And it's not for Celaena, who is not relatable at all. It's for the story itself. Maas has a beautiful way of writing that's totally engaging. I would be eager to read anything by her. Which is why I am planning on picking up this series again. Time and forgetfulness took me away from it for a while but now I'm back.


No comments:

Post a Comment