Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Netgalley Fail: Review for Ruby by Cynthia Bond

I used to live on Netgalley, about two years ago. But I found it completely addictive so I cut myself off cold turkey. But low and behold, a lone book from them still hung around my Kindle. I don't know why or how but I felt a sick rush to see this uncorrected proof on my e-reader lol Unfortunately, it wasn't one of the better books I received from Netgalley. Either way, this is truly my final goodbye to the site.



Rubya copy of this book was provided through Netgalley (a long time ago) for a honest review
Okay, I know it's bad that I won a free copy from Netgalley two years ago and never read it. So it must have been fate that kept this novel on my kindle when it should have been deleted years ago. It came up as a book club read and I was still excited to read it. I should have just kept this a fantasy read because I was completely disappointed in this story. The characters were complete victims which I hate to read about. Ephram and Ruby were so weak, it made me sick. Eprham started to show some promise when he went to Ruby's house and started to take care of her. I liked him for the most part after that. But Ruby is nonredeemable in my eyes. She's a selfish person who I had very little sympathy for. I know that might seem harsh with everything that happened to her but I just couldn't get in her corner. I was glad to be done reading about her long, depressing life and would now like to forget all about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment