Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Reading Challenge 2016 # 9

As always, I'm overdue with my completion of my monthly challenges. I finished this book in early October instead of in September. The short story format through me off and there were A LOT of them. But I did finish and now I can be late with finding a book for this month's challenge.


Scary Out There by Jonathan Maberry

Scary Out ThereThis anthology of short stories kinda disappointed me. Once I read the intro, I realized I would not be getting the typical scary stories I was expecting and anticipating to read. Some entries did have classic horror and thriller themes to them. But most were a different take on the genre that I couldn't fully comprehend or appreciate. I will say that I extremely enjoyed the following stories :

What Happens to Girls Who Disappear by Carrie Ryan
As Good as Your Word by Ellen Hopkins
The Invisible Girl by Rachel Tafoya
Death and Twinkies by Zac Brewer
Danny by Josh Malerman
The Whisper-Whisper Men by Tim Waggoner
Chlorine-Damaged Hair... by Kendra Blake
Corazon Oscuro by Rachel Caine
















No comments:

Post a Comment