Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

S.E.C.R.E.T Trilogy

As you know, if you follow my blog regularly, that I mostly read YA fiction. But what you will also know is that I am a literary freak and I love smut as well. Reading highly sexual fiction just does it for me. It's a vice that I used to overindulge in but not as much lately. So when I stumbled across S.E.C.R.E.T. at my library, I took to it quickly. And then devoured the other book sin the series just as fast. What can I say? I have a problem.


S.E.C.R.E.T. by L. Marie Adeline
The first in an erotica trilogy
4 STAR RATING


So reading this was a pleasant surprise. I completely enjoyed Cassie's journey from having a low self esteem to being a confident woman. The fantasies she went through were well written, if a bit rushed. They are spaced out by a year so her self discovery seems well earned. 

The only issue I have is with the ending. It's like the author took a big eraser to Cassie's development and made her weak all over again. All for Will, who I'm not fond of. I hope she gets her groove back in the next book.

S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared
The second book of the trilogy
2 STAR RATING


Everything that I loved about the first book vanished with this sequel. The book introduces a new main character who annoyed me. She was just so whiny in the beginning. I did enjoy her happy ending with her dream guy but it just all felt so fake. She never really earns all her charms before she leaves the group. It was a cop-out with how she received them. 

But let's get to the real issue, Cassie. Holy hell, was she driving me crazy. I just couldn't deal with her random hook up with the musician. And the way she was using Jesse pissed me off. She didn't deserve the rough words and treatment from Will though. He's such a dick and there is no redeeming him to me. I hope Cassie decides to stay single in the last book. If she takes Will back, I'll regret reading this trilogy.

S.E.C.R.E.T. Revealed
The last book in the trilogy
2 STAR RATING


I'm glad everyone got their happy ending but this book was such a hot mess to me. It was all over the place and melodramatic. I couldn't connect to the story at all. Which disappoints me since I really enjoyed the first book of the trilogy. It feels like the author didn't know how to draw out the original plot into a series.

S.E.C.R.E.T. (Secret, #1)Secret Shared (Secret, #2)SECRET Revealed: A SECRET Novel



No comments:

Post a Comment