Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A-Tac reviews

For the past month, I've been reading this suspense romance series by Dee Davis. It follows a group of CIA operatives that fight terrorism while pretending to be college professors in New York. I had the fourth book on my to-read list from 5 years ago, not realizing that it was part of a series. So obviously I had to start from the beginning. So here it is, my thoughts on all 7 books in the A-Tac series.

Dark Deceptions #1

I finished this in a few hours and it was fine. I got romance, sex, action, and a happy ending. Nothing more or less than what I expected. It was good enough for me to want to read the rest of the series. Here's hoping they're just as acceptable.


Dark Desires #2

This one was okay but I heavily skimmed it. I was so bored and had no real interest with the characters or plot. Madeline and Drake were a decent couple but I didn't buy into their relationship. It felt forced and didn't have a lot of time to grow before the I love yous and happy endings. Also, the secret double agent within the team is getting old. I hope they figure out who it is in the next book.


Desperate Deeds #3

This book is so far the best one of the series. The best romance still goes to Nash and Annie from the first book. But the action and suspense were amazing in this one. I honestly had no idea who the mole was, and was genuinely surprised at the reveal. This book also didn't shy away from having a hefty body count. It seemed like everyone involved with the plot who we'd secondary characters bit the dust. I'm just happy Tyler and Owen got their happy ending.


Daring #3.5

It was so weird to read about Lara moving on with Rafe when Jason was just killed in the last book. But a year had went past and she doesn't have to grieve forever. She's not my favorite character in the series but I liked her as the star of a short story. Her journey of moving on would have worked better in a full length novel but since she's not a member of the team (at the moment), a novella makes sense. I wonder if she'll pop up in a later book.


Deep Disclosure #4

Compared to the last book, this was definitely weaker. I actually found myself skimming the sex scenes so I could get back to the plot. That's not a good thing when it comes to romance. You want it all, story and smut. I did like seeing Tucker get his own book though. He's a great character who can carry his own. His love interest, who's name I've already forgotten, was kinda annoying. But they compliment each other and I'm happy with their happy ending.


Deadly Dance #5

General murder and torture don't really bother me that much. But rape specific crimes make me uneasy and uncomfortable. Which means that I skimmed a lot of this book. I just couldn't bring myself to read each abduction and the aftermath. I did like the chemistry between Hannah and Harrison. They've been flirting with each other since he was introduced in book 3 (I think). It's about time they got together. I just wish it wasn't through the most tragic book of the series.


Double Danger #6

Did I actually read this book? No. Did I enjoy the parts I paid attention to? Not really. This entry in the series was more thriller than romance. I didn't feel a connection to Simon or Jillian. They didn't grab my interest like other couples in the series have. At this point, I'm just ready for this series to wrap up.


Dire Distraction #7

This was a nice conclusion to the series. After that disaster of the previous book, I held out no hope for this one. But I liked Avery, the head of A-Tac, as a romantic lead. Even though he suffered from insta-love, I didn't mind it. I was happy to see him move on from his dead wife and find happiness with someone new. Sydney was no one special but I liked her all the same. They worked well off of each other. I felt like the take down of the Consortium was rushed and didn't leave me satisfied after all of the horrible stuff the terrorist group had done. But I get that the author had to wrap this up with every single team member paired off.



Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1)Dangerous Desires (A-Tac, #2)Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3)Daring (A-Tac, #3.5)Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4)
Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)Double Danger (A-Tac, #6)Dire Distraction (A-Tac #7)

No comments:

Post a Comment