Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2016

End of 2016 Part 2

Happy New Year!!!


Soul Eater Vol 9 by Atsushi Ohkubo
4 STAR RATING

Soul Eater, Vol. 9I always take too long in-between reading each volume so I rarely remember what happened before. That didn't stop me from diving right into this one though. We get some action that's been delayed in order to establish the upcoming fight. The DWMA students still have a long way to go before they can be an actual threat to Arachnophobia and Medusa but they get better and stronger with each lesson learned. And I just knew Stein was gonna lose his mind on that island. I just hope he doesn't take out any of his comrades when he inevitably goes over to the dark side.






Sunstone series by Stjepan Sejic

Vol 3 
4 STAR RATING

This visual stimulating series is quickly becoming near and dear to my heart. Lisa and Ally are such relatable people. I find myself cheering for them at each milestone of their relationship. The side characters are cute too. Cassie and her husband are the definition of relationship goals. I just want Alan to find someone to be kinky and happy with. Hopefully with Anne, who definitely has a taste for the BDSM world.

Vol 4
4 STAR RATING

Damn it, this was the saddest volume yet. I know their relationship has a happy ending but it still hurt to see Ally and Lisa fighting like this. And poor Cassie stuck in the middle of the bullshit. Lisa and Ally better get their heads out of their asses quick. I need them to make up soon.

Sunstone, Vol. 3Sunstone, Vol. 4

Mind the Gap Vol 1: Intimate Strangers by Jim McCann
4 STAR RATING

Mind the Gap, Volume 1: Intimate StrangersThis book was never on my radar. It was on display at the library and I felt like the woman on the cover was calling me to her. "Check me out. Take me home with you." That was a few months ago and I've finally read it. I am so glad I decided to read this. Rarely do I read books that I know nothing about. This one was interesting enough it keep me reading. I have way more questions that answers of who wants Elle dead and why but I'm eager to read the other volumes and fond out more.







Getting Even (Getting, #1)Getting Even by Kayla Perrin
BOOK CLUB READ
OLD FAVORITE
3 STAR RATING

Sadly, this book does not stand the test of time. Rereading the novel for my book club forced me to revoke my favorite status and take away 2 stars from my original rating. The characters were just a hot mess and I didn't like any of them that much. The only redeeming quality was the revenge plots on their trifling men. I found that part of the story entertaining. I kinda wish I had kept this book solely in my fond memories of it. Which is why I'm refusing to reread the second book. I obviously still like torturing myself though, discovering there's another 
book in this series that I didn't know about and am planning on reading it. I never know when to quit.


Gangsta., Vol. 4
Gangsta Vol 4 by  Kohske
3 STAR RATING

I found myself a bit confused with the action scenes. I couldn't tell what the hell was happening or why. But I liked the little back story we got on Alex. She's by far my favorite character and I want more about her life.




Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned


Y The last Man Vol 1: Unmanned by Brian K. Vaughan
3 STAR RATING

I was hoping to be blown away and fully engaged in this graphic novel series. The word I would you to describe this opening volume is "meh". The build up to all the men dying was amazing. Book one gets 5 stars. But I felt the rest of the book lacked the momentum and slightly bored me.



Assassination Classroom, Vol. 12



Assassination Classroom Vol 12 by Yusei Matsui
4 STAR RATING

This Grim Reaper assassin is no joke. I thought Nagisa stood a little chance against him but it wasn't even a fight. He easily defeat the entire class and injured Koro Sensei. I'm pretty sure Vitch will realign her allegiance with Class 3-E int he next book. She cares about them too much now to turn back to the dark side.






Love and Friendship series by Shelley Munro

The Bottom Line 
4 STAR RATING


The entire group of friends got on my nerves with the last few chapters. I understand the need for conflict but everyone became stupid in a very quick manner. I was almost disappointed since I loved the romance between Maggie and Conner. They were a great couple. The other women in the friends group annoyed me to no end, except for Julia. She was okay and I'm glad the second book is about her.


Past Regrets
3 STAR RATING

This was a great follow up to The Bottom Line. Julia was my favorite side character from the first book and I was happy to see her get her own story. You finally find out who broke her heart and was the father of her lost child. It's rock star Ryan, who had short term memory loss from a viscous mugging. He's come back after Julia has jogged his memory with her divorce papers. I loved their dynamic but felt it was covered up by too much drama and set backs. The ending left me dissatisfied too, coming to a screeching halt. Here's hoping the last book will have better pacing.


Farmer Wants a Wife
3 STAR RATING

These are the moments that I wish I could give a book a half star, because it's not quite entertaining enough for 4 stars but I really enjoyed it. This book focuses on the reality show that's been in the works for the whole series. Susan is the leading lady with Tyler as her leading man. They have decent chemistry and I was invested in their happy ending. This story line sets up a new series set in the town of the "Bachelor" type show that Susan was on. But I don't plan to read it. I'm happy with the completion of this series.


The Bottom LinePast RegretsFarmer Wants a Wife



No comments:

Post a Comment