Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Birthday Hiatus

I haven't really been reading during my actual vacation but I have read a few books since my last post. It's not that I don't want to read or have nothing to read. I've been busy with other things, mostly going to the movies.

Y: The Last Man Volume 2: Cycles by Brian K. Vaughan
4 STAR RATING


Y: The Last Man, Vol. 2: Cycles (Y: The Last Man, #2)The reunion of Yorick and Hero happened quicker than I expected. It was tense, to say the least. She has completely gone psycho with the Daughter of Amazons group. Apocalypses tend to bring out the worst in people and this group is really bad. I'm glad Yorick, Doc and 355 were able to get out of there with no one dying. The last panel with the astronauts made me excited. So whatever is happening on Earth didn't happen in space.














Fierce Moon by Kira Lerner
OWNED COPY
REREAD
4 STAR RATING


Fierce MoonI received this book years ago as a present. I loved it the first time I read it but never wrote a review for the actual book. I just finished it and it was just as fun to read. I chuckled every time I saw my own name as the heroine. My friends are also in the book, one of them as my cat. It's hard to get lost in the fantasy when you keep seeing yourself in the time period. I don't know if it's an option but I'd love of the character could be portrayed as a person of color. The descriptions are left ambiguous and I'm thankful for that.











Afterschool Charisma Volume 2 by Kumiko Suekane
3 STAR RATING


Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 2I don't have a clear idea of what's going on but I like it. Shiro is such a likable character. You can't help but root for him, even though you don't know what exactly you want him to overcome. I need more back story or a reveal of who's planning on killing the clones. Otherwise, I'm calling quits on this series.

















Gangsta Volume 5 by Kohske
3 STAR RATING


Gangsta., Vol. 5Despite the Cristiano family getting hit hard by the Destroyers,this was a slow volume to read. I'm still having a hard time deciphering the action scenes. It's difficult to tell who's getting hurt and who's doing the hurting. At this point in the story, I'm just waiting for Alex and Emilio to reunite. It'll either be heart warming or gut wrenching.
















Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
BOOK CLUB READ
3 STAR RATING


Big Little LiesI'm a week late on finishing this for book club but I wasn't the only one who didn't finish it in time so I don't feel bad about it. It took a really long time for me to get interested in the story, way too long. I couldn't care less about who was murdered and who did it. I didn't even bother to try and figure it out. It's not until more than halfway through the book that I became intrigued. Then I was invested. A plus is that I really liked the characters Jane, Celeste, and Madeline. They had great chemistry and I hope the HBO show portrays that dynamic truthfully from the source material. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment