Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2017

Above Average

There was only one book this week that I didn't really like. Of course it was the book I chose from EpicReads monthly book roulette. I liked/loved all the other reads though. Since this is my birthday month, I'd be happy to keep the momentum going.

Assassination Classroom Vol 13 by Yusei Matsui
4  STAR RATING

Assassination Classroom, Vol. 13This series has two extremes, a life or death situation or lighthearted fun. There is no in between with Class E. The first half of the book is spent trying to defeat the Grim Reaper assassin who's set on killing everyone to get to Koro Sensei. The second half is the school prepping for a fundraiser festival that puts Class E up against Class A again. I am hoping to see the underdogs win and keep their streak over the top class.














Princess Princess Ever After by Katie O'Neill
4 STAR RATING


Princess Princess Ever After
This book could have been a little longer to make the romance more believable but I'll take what I can get. I didn't know this book existed until a patron returned it to the library where I work. Just from the cover, I was wondering if this was a queer love story for kids and I wasn't disappointed when I opened the book to confirm. Not only are they queer but the couple is interracial as well. Be still, my beating heart. I'd love to have a continuation of their adventures after the wedding. Amira would get Sadie into all kinds of entertaining trouble.












Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
2 STAR RATING
JANUARY BOOK ROULETTE 

Reign of Shadows (Reign of Shadows, #1)I didn't even realize this was a Rapunzel retelling until I read other reviews. The comparisons are paper thin. The story is very boring, unfortunately. I was able to finish it in a day because nothing really happens. I did enjoy Fowler's POV chapters though. I liked him a lot and warmed up to him just like he did with Luna. Their romance didn't feel truly authentic but I enjoyed it. However, I won't be reading the sequel to this novel. I'm utterly uninterested in continuing with Luna and Fowler's journey.













Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
4 STAR RATING

Three Dark Crowns
I read other 1-2 star rated reviews for this book and it made be nervous and enthused to read it myself. The word that kept popping up was disappointed and I didn't want that same feeling. Luckily, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am even willing to read the second one. The plot was thin and the overabundance of characters did leave little room for proper characters development of the sisters. I feel like I didn't get to know them, therefore leaving me without a heroine to root for. I guess my favorite would be Arsinoe. She was the only one I could relate to. And she wasn't washed out by boring love interests. Mirabella and Katherine were just okay. That cliff hanger from Katherine (inside joke) made me take notice of her and eager to see where her story will go. Ditto with Arsinoe.












No comments:

Post a Comment