Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 27, 2017

One Month Later...

I haven't even been that busy or reading that often to let so much time lapse between posting. I've mostly been catching up on my manga series. A few are good, and one is bad. Not bad that it sucks, it just didn't grab my attention as I hoped. I'm hoping May will be a better reading month for me. I've been in a bit of a rut lately and haven't worked myself out of it yet.


Attack on Titan Vol 19 by Hajime Isayama
3 STAR RATING

I really wanted to give this book 4 stars but that ending kinda pissed me off. I wish he SPOILER Reiner, the Armored Titan SPOILER had been completely killed and not whatever the fuck happened in that battle. Just give Eren and the crew this win. Now I gotta worry about if thy died in the blast the Bertolt set off. UGHHHHHHHH, this series can be such a headache.

Attack on Titan Vol 20 by Hajime Isayama
3 STAR RATING

This volume just depressed me. So many days and not enough victories for the good guys. I want the beast, the armored, and the colossus titan dead. I've had it with their shit. And if HE is truly dead, I'm gonna have a serious headache with completing this series.


Attack on Titan, Volume 19Attack on Titan, Volume 20


New Suicide Squad Vol 1: Pure Insanity by Sean Ryan
4 STAR RATING

New Suicide Squad, Volume 1: Pure Insanity
Having only the movie as my base of knowledge, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this series too much. But it's really fun to read and the art is amazing. The only weak character for me was Joker's Daughter. I didn't get her appeal and was glad when she left the group, though I'm sure she'll be back. I was introduced to villains I've only heard by name and they were great. I hope the second volume is just as entertaining.















Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? by Neil Gaiman
4 STAR RATING
GOODREADS CHOICE AWARDS 2009

Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
Knowing nothing about the comic backstory, I was so confused with this story. Batman is dead but every one at his funeral has a different tale to tell about the fallen bat. Different deaths and last words and last encounters from every person in his life made for a very interesting read. My favorite was from Alfred. It gives an unique spin on the Joker's origins. The art is beautiful and the book ends on a hopeful yet sad note. I'm sure this is a favorite among Batman fans.















Afterschool Charisma Vol 3 by Kumiko Suekane
4 STAR RATING


Even though the story telling is still disjointed as hell, this has been the best volume of the series yet. The killing clones finally show up and lay waste to a few of the main characters. I'm pretty sure Hitler gets shot in the head. But it doesn't really matter because the lab will just cook up another clone. And I'm not buying that Shiro is a clone. I believe he's a regular human. But I bet I'm wrong.

Afterschool Charisma Vol 4 by Kumiko Suekane
3 STAR RATING

Okay, so Hitler wasn't killed but now he's about to turn dark. He might become a straight up villain in the next volume. Shiro is so much closer to finding out the truth about if he's a clone or not, and I can't wait for that. The story still isn't flowing the way I want it too but my interest has been piqued. I'll continue with the story.


Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 3Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 4


Gangsta Vol 6 by Kohske
3 STAR RATING

This was just a depressing dark volume. Nothing went right for the good guys and everything that could have gone wrong did. The last book is up next and I'm certain it won't tie up all the loose ends this story has created. And I'm not interested enough to read a spin-off or continuation of this world. I'm ready to get this over with.

Gangsta Vol 7 by Kohske
2 STAR RATING

MEH...that word perfectly describes how I feel about this series. This last book didn't even make sense. It tied up nothing, left more questions than answers, and introduced plot lines that I cared nothing about. I'm happy I finished the entire series but it won't stay with me. It's already becoming a blur. Too bad, I really wanted to like this one.

Gangsta., Vol. 6Gangsta., Vol. 7 (Gangsta., #7)


Zom-B Fugitive by Darren Shan
4 STAR RATING

Zom-B Fugitive (Zom-B, #11)I fucking screamed at that ending. I seriously hate the Owl Man and can only hope that he meets a grisly end. I can't believe it's almost the end of the series. This has been such an entertaining read. B is a great protagonist and I will always root for her to win. I just hope she actually does in the next book.




No comments:

Post a Comment