Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 24, 2014

Slow reading

Usually when it takes me forever to read a book, it's because I find it boring and stagnant. This wasn't the case with this book. I just found myself too busy and distracted to actually sit down and read it all the way through.

Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff
A young adult novel with a mystery undertone
4 STAR RATING

This book took me too long to read. That's not to say that I found it uninteresting. I really liked this book. I was distracted by...life, I guess. Too much going on with me but this book was a welcome distraction from that. The main character is a bit young for a young adult novel but her tone was definitely grown up. She seemed borderline genius at times but still relatable. It would make no sense for the story but I would love to read more books from this character. The story is open and shut in this book but she was one of the best characters I have read about in a  while. Meg Rosoff is one of the best young adult authors out here. This is one of her best books.


Next time I read a book by Rosoff, I'll be sure to take the time that I need to fully enjoy it.


Picture Me Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment