Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving break

My plan was to read a whole plethora of book over these past few days. I was off from work and would have nothing to distract me from reading, since I planned on spending my Thanksgiving day alone (by choice). But alas, all I managed to do was sleep, drink, eat, and read only 2 books. It was pathetic really lol But the books I did read were great so at least there's that.

Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris
a humorous autobiography by NPH
4 STAR RATING

I am not a regular reader of nonfiction but since this was a book club pick, I thought I'd go ahead and give it a shot. I always thought Harris was funny anyway so I was confidant that his book would be too. And I was not disappointed. I loved that it really read like a "Choose your own adventure" novel. Mind you, I did not have time for that so I just read it straight through. There were some hidden pages that were pleasant surprises. Overall, this book was really cute and funny and I'd read another one of his bios in a few years time if he decides to write one again.


The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by Matthew Inman
a collection of comics about running and becoming active
5 STAR RATING

Just like The Oatmeal website, this book was beyond hilarious. This guy just speaks the truth. I know I'll be a long time reader and fan of his as long as he continues to release these comics. 


Hopefully over the next break I'll be taking, which is Christmas, I'll be better about getting some reading done.


Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own AutobiographyThe Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances

No comments:

Post a Comment