Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 8, 2014

Two and a half

That's how long it took me to read one damn book. Granted, I did have other things on my mind but it never takes me that long to read anything. I think it was a combination of average writing and a disinterest to read.

The Moon Sisters by Therese Walsh
a coming of age story about two sisters dealing with the death of their mother
3 STAR RATING

It took me forever to read this book. And it's not dense or overly complex. I just wasn't in the mood to read these past few days, especially this book right here. It started off super boring and failed to capture my full attention. I would read a few pages, put it down for a day, then force myself to pick it back up again. Once a love interest was introduced to one of the sisters, I was into the story. Olivia and Hobbs were cute together and I hope they have a good life together after this book. As for the other sister, she was too angry for me to relate to her. I mostly found her annoying. This book seemed like it had a grand idea for a coming of age story but it completely fell flat. It could have been a lot better.

I need to get back into the groove of reading every day. It helps soothe me and is a much needed distraction from the b.s. that is life.

The Moon Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment