Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 26, 2015

Insanity

These books were insane for two different reasons. The first one was insane because it should have been amazing but failed miserably to impress me. The second one was insane because it 's written by Darren Shan and he's certifiable, in the best way possible of course.

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
The first book of the Goddess Test series, young adult fantasy
2 STAR RATING

This book was not on my reading radar at all. I'm always hesitant to read the first book of a series but I already read enough series and don't need to get sucked into another one. Thankfully, I didn't really like this book and am not interested in reading any more of it. All of the characters except Kate's mom were completely boring and predictable. I found myself bored with every chapter and was ecstatic when I reached the end. The story had the potential to be amazing but was bogged down by horrible pacing and generic bland characters. I wish I felt differently about this book but I can't wait until it fades from my memory that I ever read this book in the first place.

Zom-B Family by Darren Shan
The ninth book of the Zom-B series, young adult horror
3 STAR RATING

As always, this series is insane. Becky just cannot catch a break. She gets betrayed, tortured, and has to kill people she cares about. If I were her, I would have given up a long time ago. I absolutely love her because she's so strong. She carries all of the insanity of these books on her back and makes me care and come back for more. I would say that I hope things get easier for her in the next book but I know for a fact that's never going to happen. 


The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)Zom-B Family

No comments:

Post a Comment