Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Too bad, so sad

It always sucks when a favorite author delivers a book that you feel is beneath their worth. I am always beyond excited when I see that Kagawa has a new book coming out. Now I have a new caution when it comes to her books. Damn it.

Talon By Julie Kagawa
The first book of the dragon/human series for young adults 
2 STAR RATING

I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't get myself excited about it. It's a massive one with over 400 pages and yet I read it in under 3 hours. And that's not because I'm a speed reader. That's because I skimmed the hell out of this book just to finish it. The characters were all boring and predictable. The story could have been interesting if it hadn't been for that awkward and forced love triangle. I was more drawn towards Riley but not by much. No one is a winner in this novel. Least of all me for having read it. I'm gonna go ahead and skip the second one in this series. I have hopes that it will get better but I don't care enough to find out.


Talon (Talon, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment