Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Lion is ruined

With the good comes the bad. That is especially true for these two books. I read a somewhat lackluster finale to an amazing series and an okay children's book that every one else praised. Hopefully I'm in for better reading with my next book.

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
The final book of the Grisha series
3 STAR RATING

I am so conflicted about this. I loved the battle scenes and every page with the Darkling. But the ending? With Alina and Mal? I just wasn't into it. I was over them with the last book and didn't except to see so much of them together in this book. I think that the focus should have been on the Darkling more. He's just brilliant. I hated him but still kind of wanted Alina to save him from himself. I'm satisfied with the ending for him though. I didn't see it being any other way. I'm sad to be bringing this series to a close. I was hoping for a stronger finale but I still enjoyed it a lot. Everyone should give these books a chance.

The Lion & the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
An award winning wordless retelling of an Aesop fable
2 STAR RATING

Ummmm...there are no words in this book. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't really like the art either. But I'm sure this is a great book for children.


Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)6534132

No comments:

Post a Comment