Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 9, 2015

Graphic Novels Galore

I have really been on a graphic novel kick. I usually don't read them but I've been getting great recommendations and I've just been rolling with them. Now with this batch, only one was amazing but I won't let that stop me. There's just so much more to explore.

Hawkeye Vol. 3: L.A. Woman by Matt Fraction
The third book in the Marvel Hawkeye series with Kate Bishop as Hawkeye
3 STAR RATING

The last two chapters were the saving grace of this book. I was not a big fan of Kate this time around. She mostly annoyed the hell out of me. Clint Barton was deeply missed.

Saga Vol. 3 by Brian K. Vaughan
The third installment of the Saga series
5 STAR RATING

WHY IS THIS SERIES SO DAMN GOOD!? I need more, that's all I keep thinking. That I need more of this awesomeness in my life. We're jumping into the future with the next book and I can't fucking wait. Who will survive? Who will perish (hopefully Gwendolyn)? To be continued with Volume 4...

Sex Criminals Vol. 1: One Weird Trick
The first collection of a fantasy graphic novel that is known for it's sexual humor
2 STAR RATING

I really wanted to like you. It's just not going to work out between us. You're interesting enough and your original concept is intriguing. But you failed to follow it through and you lost me halfway into the story. None of your characters were likable. Suzie and Jon are far too annoying to care about. I was mildly anticipating what would happen next but I'm going to call it a day for continued reading. I know the old cliche is it's not you, it's me. Though in this case, it's most definitely you.


Hawkeye, Vol. 3: L.A. WomanSaga, Volume 3 (Saga #13-18)Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Weird Trick

No comments:

Post a Comment