Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 6, 2015

Snow Day

The library was closed yesterday due to inclement weather. In kid speak, IT WAS A SNOW DAY!. I love these as an adult because I can do so much with my free time. Like clean the house, wash clothes, and go outside and shovel the walkway for tomorrow. Just kidding, I CAN READ ALL DAY WITHOUT BEING INTERRUPTED. That's the best feeling in the world, reading with nothing else to do all day.

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
The final book of The Heroes of Olympus series
4 STAR RATING

This is pretty consistent with all the other books of the series. But for the finale, the big shabang? I wanted and expected so much more. I didn't need those first 300 pages. WE ALL KNEW WHO WAS GOING TO DIE! There had been enough foreshadowing in previous books. You can't make me more upset about someone's inevitable doom than I already am. And then when we do arrive at the action scenes, it's over so quickly that I had to go back and reread some paragraphs to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Like, come on! After all this freaking build up, that's all you give me? I'm gonna need a little more than that, Rick. But despite all my bitching, I still loved the damn book. I love all the characters and were happy to see them prevail against Mother Earth. I would have loved an epilogue with the characters reuniting in the future though. Hopefully I'll get some sneaks of their lives in the new Norse gods series.

Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
A children's picture book about a lion who loves the library
3 STAR RATING

For a picture book, I was expecting more of a presence of the drawings to tell the story. But it's still a cute story for parents to read to their children. As a worker of the library, I approve :)

Ghost Camp by R.L. Stine
The 45th book of the Goosebumps series
2 STAR RATING

The monster in the story was completely uncalled for. The story is about ghosts, that's enough for one small children's book. And that ending was so stupid. It made no sense for the ghosts to all disappear the way they did. With Alex getting the short end of the stick, I am not a happy camper.


The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)Library LionGhost Camp (Goosebumps, #45)

No comments:

Post a Comment