Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

5 ducks in a row

I'm not intentionally reviewing 5 books at a time but it seems to keep working out that way.

Entwined with You by Sylvia Day
The third erotica novel of the Crossfire series
3 STAR RATING

So now that they're together again, I don't hate the story as much. They're only tolerable when nothing is holding them apart. I'm kind of over this series but I'll be reading the next book anyway. I might as well finish what I've started.

Holding Strong by Lori Foster
The second romance novel of the Ultimate series
2 STAR RATING

This was not a fun outing with one of my favorite authors. I found both love birds annoying, more Cherry than Denver. She was just...not cooperating when it came to my romance expectations. I like my female characters a little resistant but ultimately fighting to be with their man. Cherry was reluctant to the point of being obnoxious. She spends all of this time pining over a guy and then once she gets him, she keeps him at arm's length? What sense does that make? And then her drama was over the top, melodramatic, soap opera B.S. Three hillbilly foster brothers come back to haunt her. I could have done without that bit of the story. The scenes between Stack and Vanity were the saving grace of this novel. I can only hope that their chemistry doesn't get lost in the next book.

This is Sadie by Sara O'Leary
A children's picture book about a girl with a big imagination
5 STAR RATING

This will definitely be a classic for children to read in the future. It's such a cute story with amazing art to back it up. Any parent that's looking for a new book to read to their child, this is the one for you.

The Girl on the Train
A thriller about a missing woman and a stranger who's desperate to find her
3 STAR RATING

 So...this book was supposed to be amazing. I was supposed to be totally engaged in the story and couldn't figure out the twist and should have been sitting on the edge of my seat in suspense. Mostly I was just reading a slightly boring story. There were some good parts to it. I found each character disturbing and interesting. There is no hero in this story. Not one person is very likable but that's not what this novel is for. I figured out the twist about halfway through the book but I still loved the reveal and the aftermath. I guess I just wished for something with a bit more suspense.

Wild Heat by Lucy Monroe
The first book of the Northern Fire romance series
4 STAR RATING

I am so excited for this series. I have a feeling that it will be a new favorite of mine's. Everything was working for me. The guy, the girl, the setting, the side characters. I was loving the story so much. It was the perfect balance of melodrama and romance.



Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)Holding Strong (Ultimate, #2)This Is SadieThe Girl on the TrainWild Heat (Northern Fire, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment