Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 13, 2015

Love it or hate it

And I mean literally. I loved the first book and then hated the second one. And this whole post is very sad because I've only read 2 books in the past 12 days. There is nothing more depressing than that.

Robogenesis By Daniel H. Wilson
The second sci-fi novel of the Robopocalypse series
4 STAR RATING

I started to lose interest toward the end of the story but that epilogue jump started it all over again. I need more!!! These novels are just too good. Wilson has a way of making each character their own while still having a sense of togetherness. This story had balls. It's ruthless and cutthroat and I loved every bit of it. I dearly hope that there will be another book. You can't just leave it open-ended like that. Archos R-14 and Arayt are the ultimate bad asses and I need to know who comes out on top.


One Night by Eric Jerome Dickey
Two strangers give in to their lust while dealing with murder and jealousy 
1 STAR RATING

I barely finished this book. The characters were tedious to deal with, the dialogue was unrealistic, and that reveal was completely lackluster. I couldn't relate or become interested in either character. The woman was so annoying, I couldn't deal with her. I was hoping that the chapters would alternate POVs but it stayed in her obnoxious voice over. The relationship with the male lead character was not believable at all. It wasn't even ridiculous but adorable like typical romance novels are. It was just bad, so bad. And what was up with that ending? That's why this guy is running all over town tense and edgy? It didn't feel like enough. The story ends abruptly in the worse way. I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't. 

Robogenesis (Robopocalypse, #2)One Night

No comments:

Post a Comment