Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 27, 2015

So close to 100

I have a goal to read 150 books this year and I am so close to finishing early. I'm 3 shy of 100 and it feels good to be so close to my number. I used to read almost 300 a year but then I got a full time job. lol Funny how work can keep you from doing what you really want, READ. Luckily I work in a library so I'm constantly surrounded by novels and can even sneak read every now and then.

Ms. Marvel Vol 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson
The second collection of the Ms. Marvel graphic novel series
3 STAR RATING

Now I'm more interested in Wolverine than I am Kamala. That was an awesome cameo and I hope to see more of him since he took a liking to our teenage heroine. The story this time around was a little dull but I'm excited to see who the new big bad will be in the next volume.

Captivated by You by Sylvia Day
The fourth novel of the erotic Crossfire series
3 STAR RATING

Why am I a bit ashamed to admit that I liked this book? I know it's not very well written. I know the characters are border line psychotics. I know the romance is both unhealthy and dangerous. But I liked it all the same. I loved that I got to read from Gideon's POV. It jump started my interest in the series. But now I have to wait for who knows how long to get my hands on the last book of the series. What's the point of stretching out the story when you don't even know when you're gonna get around to finishing it.

Deadman Wonderland Vol 5 by Jinsei Kataoka
Ganta trains to better control his branch of sin
4 STAR RATING

All the crazy was coming out in this book and I loved every bit of it. Can't wait to see Ganta get his ass kicked some more before he makes a speech and saves the day lol

Zeus: King of the Gods by George O'Connor
The first book of the Olympians graphic novel series
4 STAR RATING

I've been needing a Greek fix ever since I finished the heroes of Olympian series. And now I have it. This was really fun to read. I loved the art and the little breakdowns of the story at the end of the book.

Ms. Marvel Vol 3: Crushed
The third collection of the Ms. Marvel graphic novel series
4 STAR RATING

I didn't really need that first chapter in this book. Loki just felt really out of place for me. But after that, I loved this book. The obvious hot bad guy made my day for some reason. It was nice to see Kamala be romantic for a bit there, even if it was with the wrong guy. I really want her and Bruno to get together. Give me a dream sequence or something! His pining for Ms. Marvel is just about breaking my heart. And the bonus chapter from S.H.I.E.L.D. was awesome. I'm loving all the crossovers and I can't wait to see more. 


Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation WhyCaptivated by You (Crossfire, #4)Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 5Zeus: King of the GodsMs. Marvel, Vol. 3: Crushed

No comments:

Post a Comment