Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

OVER 100 LITERARY ADVENTURES

I DID IT!. Not my full goal of 150 books read but I'm more than half done. I'm officially over 100 books for the year. I seriously feel like I'm experiencing a runner's high. Maybe a reader's high, if that's even a thing.

The Android's Dream by John Scalzi
Earth is on the verge of war and a rare sheep is its' only salvation
4 STAR RATING

After the first chapter completely reeled me in, I had trouble getting back into the story and paying attention. All the tech talk was giving me a headache. But once I stopped trying to understand what the hell everyone was talking about, I truly enjoyed it. It's completely bonkers and over the top ridiculous in some parts but that's the shining star of the novel. It goes off the rails without losing the audience. I loved each character, may most of them rest in peace. People were getting killed left and right. I had to pause each time to absorb that info since the author has a way of writing very casually. Something epic would be going down and if you're skimming this book, you're going to miss it. There wasn't a lot of build up, just a steady story that I never wanted to stop. Here's hoping that Scalzi eventually gets around to writing the sequel to this novel. I could definitely use a little more adventure.

Deadman Wonderland Vol 6 by Jinsei Kataoka
Collecting chapters 22-26 of Ganta's life in the deadly prison
3 STAR RATING

That ending made no fucking sense. So now that Ganta knows that Shiro is a Deadman, he wants nothing to do with her? Just because all the other Deadmen hate him? What a cock of shit. The only reason I'm giving this book 3 stars is because the battle scene between the Deadmen and the Ninben was epic. Ganta's branch of sin is devastating. I wonder how that'll work out for him in the future.

Vampire Breath by R.L. Stine
The 49th children's book of the original Goosebumps series
4 STAR RATING

This is one of the better developed Goosebumps stories. You have great kids, a great monster, and a ridiculous but funny twist ending. I was laughing out loud at the dilemma Freddy and Cara found themselves in.

Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess by George O'Connor
A graphic novel featuring some of Athena's exploits 
4 STAR RATING

This series is just great. I like reading about mythology and O'Connor does it very well. You can tell he's clearly interested in the subject and tries to make it entertaining for his readers as well. Sometimes, it's fun to learn lol

Mistress No More by Niobia Bryant
The second novel of the Mistress series
3 STAR RATING
REREAD

**SPOILER ALERT ** All I got to say is I am so glad that bitch dies in the end.

*UPDATE 8/3/15*

This book totally pissed me off. Every character was making the worst decisions for themselves. I felt cheated since I had actually enjoyed reading the first book. If i could do it all over again, I'd have just reread the first novel and not the whole series.


Mistress, Inc. by Niobia Bryant
The third and final novel of the Mistress series
1 STAR RATING

So not only does Jessa not die like I wanted her to at the end of Mistress No More, but she gets her own book? Hell no! If I had known that this book was told from her POV, I would have skipped this last entry in the series. She's obnoxious, annoying, and not at all likable. She's a straight up bitch and I didn't care for her personal growth in the story.


The Android's DreamDeadman Wonderland, Vol. 6Vampire BreathAthena: Grey-Eyed Goddess (Olympians, #2)Mistress No More Mistress, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment