Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Last month of the year

I am less than 10 books away from my goal. And of course now is the time that I drag my feet to finish it. I still haven't been reading as much as I'm used to. There have only been 3 books since my last post. I hope to have a literary hard on sometime soon. And close out this year with some amazing reads.

Shadowshaper by Daniel Jose Older
An urban fantasy young adult novel 
3 STAR RATING
BOOKCLUB 

To have my sights set so high for this book, I couldn't be anything but disappointed. The cover, the premise, the hype. It all spelled out an amazing young adult novel. And it was amazing. It just wasn't enough to live up to my expectations. I will say that the author got the strong female lead down pat. Sierra is everything I wanted in a heroine. She has her shit together and doesn't take anyone else's drama. I only wish this novel could have been more exciting. Despite the potential for added tension and fantasy, I feel like Older dropped the ball when it came to the actual mythology of Sierra's family. It just fell flat.

Deadman Wonderland Vol 9 by Jinsei Kataoka
9th graphic novel of the series
4 STAR RATING

Ganta finally finds out who Wretched Egg is and I'm devastated. I feel like he should have figured it out already but I still loved the reveal. It was just so sad. And the they have to go kill Azami. That was brutal. I literally screamed when I saw her head. This series has taken me on a roller-coaster ride and I'm both excited and fearful for where it's going to take me next.

All I Want by Jill Shalvis
The 7th novel of the contemporary romance Animal Magnetism series
2 STAR RATING

Riding high from the last book I read in this series, I was expecting a lot from this new installment. So I have no one but myself to blame for being disappointed. The characters were nothing special. I honestly didn't feel the chemistry between them at all. Everything was blah blah blah. The only parts I liked about the story were the adopted animals. Those kittens were so darn cute. If there is a next book in the series, here's hoping it's better than this one.


ShadowshaperDeadman Wonderland, Vol. 9All I Want (Animal Magnetism, #7)

No comments:

Post a Comment