Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2016

Midnight Secretary

This manga series was one that I had first read back in high school. I would lurk on Manga Reader and search for erotic stories to pollute my young impressionable mind. Lo and behold, this one caught my interest. It's a great series with a dash of sex scenes that will entertain any paranormal romance reader. It seemed so much racier to me back then but it's barely pushing a mature rating. Still such an amazing fun story.

Midnight Secretary, Vol. 1I remember first reading this series back in high school. I found it on one of those manga websites and devoured the whole story. It was back when everything I read was sexual in some way, shape, or form. So far, this book is holding up to my memories. I found them on a shelf at my local library and couldn't resist checking them out. I can't really recall what happens but if I'm excited to find out...again.






Midnight Secretary, Vol. 2Kaya and Kyohei finally do it. They get down and dirty because apparently that makes the blood taste better during a feeding. I call bullshit but the love scene was very sweet. The author can really draw. I'm off to read the next volume which will probably have some flimsy conflict that drives them apart again. Honestly, I just wanna see more sex scenes. I'm in a smut kind of mood.







Midnight Secretary, Vol. 3This one gets 5 stars because of the bonus story. It was so cute and a bit funny. Seeing how people react to Kaya's baby face is amusing. And I totally called some tomfoolery keeping them apart. But now Kyohei is back and he's being as open as he can be with Kaya. I'm guessing no love proclamations will be said to each other until the last or second to last book. These manga characters are so hard headed.






Midnight Secretary, Vol. 4Who is this bitch Marika?! I vaguely remember her from when I first read this series. But she is seriously getting on my damn nerves. Stop putting yourself between my lovebirds. They already got enough crap keeping them apart, I don't need a side chick added to the equation.








Midnight Secretary, Vol. 5This is just the best. Kaya's mumble proclamation of "I love you" to Kyohei was so damn cute. Now that they've said it to each other's faces, I don't want no more nonsense to keep them apart. There are only two books left in the series so I just want happy chapters from here on out. I doubt I'll get that though.








Midnight Secretary, Vol. 6This volumes gets all the stars. Again, the bonus story outshone the actual volume. Princess the cat is fucking awesome! She should have her own spin off series. I would definitely read it. And It would need it because this story is almost over. I'm a bit sad to finish the last volume. I wish this had 20-30 books but Ohmi knows when to wrap it up.



Midnight Secretary, Vol. 7


The finale left me feeling bereft of satisfaction. You don't see anything past the wedding. This series could have been stretched out to about 20 volumes without any filler story lines and been fine. But no, Ohmi has to leave me with Kaya pregnant and the clan still threatening her and Kyohei. I definitely have a feeling they can get through anything but I wish I could read it for myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment