Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 3, 2016

NetGalley Fail Part Deux: Review for We are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt

...so about that last post where I said I was done with NetGalley. I found another book on my Kindle that I had never got around to reading from them. I know, I know. I am just the most scatterbrained blogger ever. But here goes, for reals this time. I bid you farewell, NetGalley. I swear I have finally read and reviewed any and all book I was approved for.

We Are the Goldensa copy of the book was provided through NetGalley for an honest review
I really wanna give this book four stars but the slow start and second person POV won't let me. It really took me out of the story to keep reading "you" on the page. It was a bit annoying. And the beginning was draaaaging. For such a short novel, it look its sweet time grabbing my attention. But once it did, I was captivated. Nell definitely has a voice for a young adult audience. I could completely relate to her, even though I am a only child. Her relationship with her sister was bittersweet and that ending left me hanging. I desperately want to read about the fall out of Nell's confession and her blossoming relationship with Felix.


No comments:

Post a Comment