Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Self Help Guru

I am the worst when it comes to impulse buys. I just can't help myself when I'm in a store with cash to burn. And the book store is definitely my kryptonite. Two of them were right by the check out and I was powerless to not grab them and have them for my own. So far, I am loving all three and can't wait until I've finished them completely. 

Calm: Calm the mind, change the worldCalm by Michael Smith
4 STAR RATING

I found this book on a Buzzfeed list. I was looking for ways to calm myself since my doctor has told me my blood pressure is sky high. I didn't wanna rely on medication so I bought this book as a present to myself. I am so glad I did. It's a great book to keep your mind off of unnecessary stress. The activities are fun and easy but some inspire you do dig deeper and find a permanent solution to your problems. I'll be reading this book throughout the year to see if it'll really make a difference in my life and I'm fairly certain it will.


642 Tiny Things to Draw


642 Tiny Things to Draw
3 STAR RATING

This book is a bit out of my comfort zone. I bought it on impulse because I wanted to get back into drawing, something that I was really interested in when I was younger. The random things it'll tell you to draw are more difficult than not but I still love the challenge. I try to draw something every few days just to keep my fascination fresh. I'm sure it'll take forever for me to finish.




642 Tiny Things to Write About
5 STAR RATING

Between this one and the drawing book, this one is definitely my favorite. I often times find myself wanting to write but having nothing come to mind. This little pocket book takes care of that for you. No more writer's block. The simple, absurd, and random prompts will have you writing like a maniac. At least with me it has. I can't wait until it's completely filled.
642 Tiny Things to Write About

No comments:

Post a Comment