Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 6, 2016

Overdue Notice Part 1

I have been slacking with the blog post but not the reading. I have actually been getting a lot of books under my belt but just haven't found the time to write about them here. So this'll be a two part post, probably with the second post going up tomorrow.

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
The third novel of the Throne of Glass series

Okay, I take back everything I said about how slow this book was. The wait was definitely worth it. The last few chapters were jammed packed with action and crazy revelations. The throne room scene with Dorian, Aedion, and Chaol?! Epic, I was laughing and screaming at the same time. Laughing with pure joy because of the awesomeness and screaming because...well, you know! And if you don't know, you gotta read this book. It has been a while since I had read this series by now I'm back in the game.


Aesop's Fables
Aesop's Fables: illustrations by Michael Hague

Book one of the best children's books of all time has been read. This edition was cute. The art matched the fables' tone and each story even came with a little life lesson at the end. I thought the stories were gonna be longer and more in depth. But this is perfect for a little child to listen to. A parent can get through the whole book in one go.




Attack on Titan, Vol. 18 (Attack on Titan, #18)Attack on Titan 18 by Hajime Isayama

I haven't really been in the mood to read for the past week so I thought Attack on Titan might change my mood. And it succeeded. I feel like the story has finally found its footing and will only get better from here. Obviously the next volume is going to be an epic battle. I will be here waiting patiently for it to be released. But the buildup and beginnings of the fight scene will hold me over for now. Quick side note: the art has improved leaps and bounds from where it started. I can actually tell what's going on now.




The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress Legend, #5)The Forbidden by L.A. Banks
The fifth novel of the Vampire Huntress Legend series
BOOK CLUB READ

I'm back in love with this series. I haven't been this excited about the books since book one. The original trilogy was too jam packed with info that I lost my initial interest. But now the story is a bit more spread out and I can actually sit and read it page to page. The pacing is still a little off and the novel too long, which is why it took me so long to finish this. But the conflict with Lillith was awesome. She is seriously a worthy adversary for the team. The side plots were good too, especially Yonnie and Tara. They are my new favorite crew members.



The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick

The Ghosts of HeavenThe Easiest Room in Hell (3)
I start off on the third story and it's a bleak dark one. The relationship between the doctor and poet was genuine but also a little scary. I always felt that Dexter was holding back on having malevolent intentions towards the doctor. He meant well and didn't want to see harm come to anybody but the things he's seen left a mark on him. The ending was rushed and didn't really leave me satisfied. But it definitely had me interested to see how the other stories would tie into this one with the spiral theme.

Whispers in the Dark (1)
Now I'm at the beginning of the book and it jumps so far back in time that the POV is told in prose. It's a nice change to the tone of the novel. This story left me feeling very sad and put out. The "reveal", if it could be called that, is brutal. An entire clan is swiped out seemingly for no purpose. It was a good thing I read this second because this would have put me in a bad mood for the rest of the reading experience. 


The Song of Destiny (4)
This is my favorite one. The suspense, the setting, the ending, it all worked so well together. This is where I start to see a subtle theme of destruction and rebirth. It seems like each character has an end that is hiding a new beginning. This one is literally a new beginning since it goes back to the first book. I loved that twist. I wish now that I had finished with this story in my head and not the second one. Its' truly the best ending to this unique and weird book.

The Witch in the Water (2)
I didn't like this one. At this point in my reading journey, I had been entertained and had a solid finish. So to go from the end to the middle threw me off and the premise for this story pissed me off. I knew how it was going to end and I was still mad. The story is full of cowards and it bothered me. I skimmed this mostly so I could keep quarter four fresh in my head.






No comments:

Post a Comment